- 2 cups fresh parsley and/or cilantro, firmly packed.
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped onion.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice (optional)
- Kosher salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Pulse the garlic and onion in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley and/or cilantro, and oregano if using, and pulse briefly, until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Add the olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar, and stir. Adding the liquids outside of the blender gives the chimichuri the correct texture. You don’t want the herbs to be completely pureed, just finely chopped.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.