- 30g plain flour
- half tsp baking powder
- quarter tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 x 200g can sweetcorn, drained (drained weight 170g)
- 1 large or 2 small spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower or canola oil for frying
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in the bowl of a food processor and whiz for one minute to make a batter.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large frying pan and drop in teaspoonfuls of the batter. Cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes in batches of 5 until golden on the underside, then carefully turn and cook for a further minute.
- You can use the back of a spoon to help push the fritter onto a spatula to make turning easier.
- Drain briefly on kitchen paper before serving