- 2 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- 2-3 cloves of garlic. sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large capsicum, chopped
- 3-4 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji masala
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2-3 green chillies
- About 2-1/2 cups cooked rice
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan. Add the seeds- when aromatic, add onions, ginger, garlic, chillies along with salt.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, capsicum along with little water. Cook in high heat for few minutes until water starts oozing out of the tomatoes, and then reduce the heat and simmer until the tomatoes are cooked. Add the spices and mix them well.
- Add the rice,cilantro and green peas. Give it a toss and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Hot with roasted papad and raita.