- 3 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grate corn kernels.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, milk, and corn. Bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk sugar and egg yolks until pale and thick. When cream mixture reaches a simmer, slowly ladle 1/2 cup of it into egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Repeat with another 1/2-cup ladleful. Reduce heat to low, whisk warmed egg mixture into saucepan, and cook, whisking, until mixture thickens a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl, stir in vanilla, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight plastic container and freeze up to overnight.